Productivity tip of the day: take advantage of keyboard shortcuts on your iPhone and never type your email address again!
If you do a lot of mobile browsing, you’ve likely mistyped out your email address about a hundred billion times. “There’s gotta be a better way!” Well, there is, Kevin!
- Go to your iPhones Settings > General > Keyboard. Under Shortcuts, you’ll probably see a few defaults such as “omw” = “on my way” that the iPhone comes preinstalled with.
- Add a new Shortcut with the “+” link.
Enter first the full word or phrase you want to never type again, then the keyboard shortcut. (I suggest using a combination of letters that it’s unlikely you’d regularly type. For example, if you use “to” as a shortcut for “tomorrow,” every time you type the word “to,” tomorrow will appear in its place.)
- Save & done!
Things you might want to Shortcut are:
- your email address
- frequently typed hashtags
- your business name
- an elaborate or cumbersome emoticon (such as mine under “hh” above)
- frequently typed URL
- your phone number (or biz phone number)
- your fax number (haha! j/k.)