Smart partnerships and thoughtful collaboration are often the secret ingredients to successful and wide-reaching campaigns and events.
Community Outreach & Stakeholder Engagement Approach
In my work as a community organizer, I’ve engaged key stakeholders across various sectors in support of common goals to address a wide range of community issues. Finding partners who are mission-aligned and have common core values is an important first step to identifying the right collaborators for any project.
Some examples of my work in this area include:
- Convening a sold-out “Let’s Talk” community conversation on the heroin epidemic (which has since become a recurring series at The Music Hall Loft), addressing prevention, treatment, recovery aspects of substance abuse, as well as education and community engagement solutions and law enforcement integration
- Co-founding and growing community partnerships around Portsmouth’s annual TEDx event, including sponsorships, in-kind partners, nonprofits, arts groups, tech innovators, scientific leaders and forward-thinking speakers; managing annual budgets of over $40,000
- Coordinating Portsmouth’s third annual and fifth annual Portsmouth PRIDE event for Seacoast Outright, collaborating with volunteers and board members to engage previously untapped parts of the community and growing support of the city’s LGBTQA+ community, particularly our youth; increased fundraising efforts by 20% in 6 months
- Speaking as a featured speaker or workshop presenter at events ranging from NH Progressive Summit, Seacoast Media Group’s 10 to Watch, NH Young Democrats’ Granite Slate Awards, UNH’s Feminist Summit, political and issue-based rallies, on topics ranging from gun violence prevention, reproductive justice, values-centric work and feminism.
- Organizing in the town Exeter, NH during the 2016 campaign, I maintained the highest number of active volunteers in the state, winning for Democrats on the ballot and increasing Democratic turnout by 6%, by building quality relationships with community members, engaging with community leaders and running an effective grassroots organizing strategy.