Here are my favorite feminist resources, separated by medium.
Something wonderful happens when you surround yourself with strong women, smart women and women who have agency. Check out these awesome go-tos and increase your daily feminist intake.
The Best Blogs
Blog posts are probably the most-consumed media out there, by sheer volume alone (as of 2018 over 409 million people view more than 23.1 billion pages each month on WordPress alone). They’re also really easy to round up with an RSS reader like Feedly. Here are my favorites:
- Bitch Media: Bitch Media is a nonprofit, independent, feminist media organization dedicated to providing and encouraging an engaged, thoughtful feminist response to mainstream media and popular culture. Highly relevant news & commentary.
- Fusion: For all things intersectionally-related, including feminist news, but also issues of race, economic justice, etc.
- Rookie: Started by Tavi Gevinson, who started getting blogging recognition when she was a ripe old 12 years old, this magazine will keep you in the loop with what the younger feminists are into these days.
- Reddit’s TwoXChromosomes (not a blog, but go to there — it’s worth creating a Reddit account!)
- Feministing: All things feminist — including a daily Feminist Cheat Sheet!
- Autostraddle: For all things queer, with an emphasis on the “L” in LGBT, this is your go-to.
The Best Podcasts
I’m a podcast junkie, and these podcasts by women cover all the topics that an intersectional feminist is interested in — menstruation news, issues around race, women in technology and, of course, politics.
My Favorite Feminist Podcasts:
- Call Your Girlfriend
- Another Round
- The Riveters (on hiatus as of late 2017)
- On the Rag
The Best Email Newsletters
These are some email newsletters that I ACTUALLY READ when they pop into my inbox! Subscribe and get the joy back in checking your email while learning more about the awesome things women are doing around the world.
My Favorite Feminist Email Newsletters:
- Ann Friedman Weekly*: Every Friday; full of great things to read (some but not all of which were written by Ann) and GIFs and the occasional product endorsement.
- Uptalk: Every Friday; a weekly email highlighting awesome shit created and written by women from certified Woman In Comedy Leila Cohan-Miccio.
- Lenny: 2x/week; feminism, style, health, politics, friendship and everything else from Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner.
- Lady Science: Learn about women who’ve made significant contributions to science!
- Broadsheet: Forbes’ daily news on powerful women
- Girls’ Night In: A curated list of good reads
- The Lakshmi & Asha Show: wherein two women chat about pop culture and the patriarchy
- In Better News: because you probably need GOOD news in with all the activism
Find more great womxn-run newsletters in this thread from @lkherman on Twitter.
* This is the one that inspired me to start MY first weekly dispatch, The #PortsmouthLOVE Letter!
If you have feminist go-tos that are not listed here, PLEASE leave links in the comments below! I love discovering new ways to read and listen to awesome women.
Speaking of Awesome Women, here’s my Twitter list of them — and if you should be on it, let me know:
@CrystalParadis’ Twitter List of Awesome Women